Right now we may not know who you are, but we do know that we care about you. To us at ASC, you are not just the result of your pregnancy test. You are a unique and special woman who now has a pregnancy in the midst of a much larger life story.
We are here to help you learn about adoption and assist with your needs including:
- Making an adoption plan allows you to receive assistance with some pregnancy-related financial needs. This could include things like housing, utility bills, medical care, maternity clothing, and groceries.
- We can also assist you with living expenses for a few weeks after the baby is born.
- The financial support we provide complies with the guidelines set forth by Florida law.
- We will make sure you have access to the medical care you need during your pregnancy. We can cover the costs of your care and help you with transportation to appointments. We work out all the details of obtaining care and appointments for women we work with, but more information is listed below if you’re interested.
- Medicaid covers prenatal care and delivery expenses for many women we work with. More information and application information is available here.
- Local health departments can be a great way to start getting medical care for you and your baby. Find the one nearest to you here.
- Need a sonogram and proof of pregnancy letter for your Medicaid application? Many pregnancy centers can provide you with what you need at no charge. We have relationships with many of these centers, so give us a call and we’ll help you find one nearby.
- We can help with your transportation needs throughout your pregnancy, including transportation to doctor’s appointments, work, grocery shopping, or other places you need to go.
- When you meet with us we can come to you, arrange for you to come to our office, or meet at a public place of your choice.
We will make sure that you have a safe and secure living situation. We can assist you with identifying and applying for housing, and we can help cover the costs of rent during your pregnancy and for a few weeks after your delivery.
We can provide you with a wide range of assistance to help you during your pregnancy, but we also want to make sure you know how much your life matters. We will walk with you in the here and now, and we would be honored to dream with you about your future.
We’re available any time of the day or night—call to speak with us now. You have nothing to lose by calling, and a chance at hope if you do.
We take calls 24/7 if you need assistance. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911. If you need assistance call us now at:
Welcome, friend. We hope to get the chance to know you one day. You see, you are the reason we get up and come to work every day. We know the unfortunate truth that women in your shoes are not always treated with the respect you deserve, and we want to be sitting by the phone when you call so that we will be there to meet you with real care and respect.
We have a valuable service to offer in letting you know about adoption, but more than that we long for you to find yourself in a place where you can get the answers you’re looking for and be truly cared for. For many women over the past 35 years, we have been privileged to be that place.
Beyond your current situation with your pregnancy, there are a thousand other things about your life that are constantly on your mind. Maybe you have issues that need to be resolved, bills you can’t pay, or dreams that you’ve given up on. We care about those things, too. We have worked with many women to complete an adoption plan, and we have also helped them find jobs, enroll in a GED program, start college, and find new hope for their lives.
What were your hopes and dreams before you got to this point? We care about these things because they are part of you.
We would be honored to walk alongside you over the next few weeks or months as you determine if adoption is the right choice for you…and if you’ll let us, we’d be honored to dream with you about your future. Get in touch with us now.
HOW ADOPTION WORKS
Placing a child for adoption now is so different than it was in the past. You have many choices—which agency to work with, which family will adopt your child, how much you’d like to meet with and communicate with the family what you want your time in the hospital to be like. There are some things that have to be handled a certain way to meet the requirements of Florida’s adoption laws, but in so many ways, you can create the adoption plan that is best for you.
**Under Florida law, a parent may place her child for adoption with a private adoption agency, even if the child is under jurisdiction of the juvenile dependency court and in foster care as long as no final judgment of termination of parental rights has been entered.
This process, called intervention will allow you to regain a sense of control in the future of your child. You will get to decide the family for your child and open up the possibilities to receive updates on your child's life.
- Out of the System, Into a Permanent Home
- Select and Meet the Adoptive Parents
- Receive Photo and Letter Updates
- Counseling Available Free of Charge
More details about how it all works can be found our questions and answers...
Yes! You can choose the family for your baby and talk to them and meet them if you want. You also get pictures and letters throughout the years with updates from the family that you choose to parent your child.
First, know that we have done the hard work of checking the family out for you. Our requirements are very strict, so you can be sure that all of our families have gone through an in-depth process and have been approved to adopt.
This process includes interviews with a counselor, visits to their home, written references from their friends and family, verification of their income and employment, criminal and child abuse background checks both locally and nationally, medical evaluations, adoption education, and parenting classes.
When a family finishes all of this, we assess whether they are good candidates to be adoptive parents. You can be sure that the families you see here have met our strict requirements and would be thrilled to be considered as the family for your child.
Yes, making an adoption plan allows you to receive assistance with some pregnancy-related needs including housing, utility bills, medical care, maternity clothing, and groceries. Within the parameters of Florida law, we can make sure you have what you need to have a healthy pregnancy. Having a baby is stressful enough, you shouldn’t be stressing about how to pay your electric bill too.
First, you can contact us to set up a meeting with an ASC counselor as soon as you are able to meet. We can come to you, and we can meet you wherever you are most comfortable—your home, a public place, or our office. You can tell your counselor what you’re thinking—questions, fears, desires for how the process will turn out. We will talk with you about the legal process, how we can help you financially, and help you craft an adoption plan for your baby that is what you want. You can stop working with us at any time if you choose not to proceed with your plan.
You are in control of your hospital stay, and your counselor will help you think through what is best for you.
You can write a letter to your baby—whatever you want to do to make this time special.
We will visit you in the hospital, and you can sign the legal adoption papers 48 hours after the birth of your baby or when you are discharged from the hospital if that is sooner. In most cases, the baby can be placed directly with the adoptive parents as soon as he or she is discharged from the hospital.
Recover physically and emotionally.
Being pregnant takes a toll on your body, and placing a child for adoption can take a toll on your emotions. If you can, take time to rest, think, pray, and get ready to jump back into life. Continue meeting with us, and we will walk through it with you.
If you’d like, you can get updates with pictures and letters from the family you chose throughout the child’s life. If you and the family agreed on other types of communication, that can happen at this point too.
Most women aren’t sure about their decision when they contact us. In fact, it is rare that a woman feels sure much at all since it is such a life-changing and significant choice. It is normal to question yourself and go back and forth in your thoughts. Don’t worry, we can still talk even when you’re unsure and help you think through your options.
You cannot be sure of such an important decision without gathering all the facts first. We would like to be able to provide you with education and resources.
Women of all ages and stages in life choose adoption. For some this is their first child, while others are already parenting older children. Both single women and married couples choose adoption when they believe it is the best way to provide what they dream of for their child. I am not pregnant—I already have a baby or an older child. Can I choose adoption? Absolutely and the process is very similar. By choosing private adoption, you will be able to choose the family, and get updates and pictures of your child/children. It is never too late to choose adoption.
Absolutely and the process is very similar. By choosing private adoption, you will be able to choose the family, and get updates and pictures of your child/children. It is never too late to choose adoption.
Whatever the circumstances, there is a family who will want to adopt your baby. In over thirty-four years of providing adoption services, every baby including those with disabilities or health problems has had a family eager to adopt him or her.
MORE RESOURCES FOR
When you are pregnant, it often seems like everything in life becomes harder. Maybe you don’t have insurance and aren’t sure how to get prenatal care, or maybe you could use some help paying for groceries. There are many resources available to assist pregnant women, but finding them and figuring out how to access them can be difficult—and that’s where we come in.
Through our years of experience, we have become experts in knowing what resources are available in Florida and what you might qualify for. We’ve listed some information and links below, but give us a call and we’ll help you sort through your options and start getting the help you need.
- WIC (Women, Infants and Children) is a federal program that provides food benefits and nutrition counseling. Learn more about eligibility and applying here.
- Food stamps and emergency cash assistance can be accessed through the Access Florida site.
- Low income housing options across Florida are listed here. Availability varies, but this provides a good place to start looking.
- Florida has an Adoption Reunion Registry which can assist in connecting birth parents and the adult children after an adoption.
- If you like to read, there are lots of books and articles out there that may be useful to you as you consider adoption. Let us know if you’re interested in having some of these materials, and we can get them to you right away.
- Some employment programs are available through the state of Florida. More information can be found on their website, but contact us for details on the programs that have been most helpful to women we’ve worked with.
- ASC works with Dress for Success, a remarkable organization that provides professional attire for women to wear on job interviews. Contact us for more information.
Choosing between parenting, adoption, and abortion can be very difficult. When we’re facing hard decisions, we often think that we will know what the right choice is because it will be easy or it will feel good. Many women start out thinking that adoption would be too hard, and then come to find that sometimes the hardest thing is the right thing, too.
When you are facing an unplanned pregnancy, the truth is that all the possible choices will be hard in one way or another. So yes, placing a child for adoption might be hard…but it might also be right. Check out these stories from women we have worked with—women who have chosen adoption for their child and who now look back with confidence and pride at the decisions they made, however hard they might have been.
Choosing a family is one of the most significant decisions to be made in the adoption process. For many women it is exciting, for others it is nerve-wracking…but for everyone, it is a big decision. How can you make a decision like this with confidence? First, know that we have done the hard work of checking the family out for you. Our requirements are very strict, so you can be sure that all of our families have gone through an in-depth process and have been approved to adopt.
Next, you can view profiles of different families and choose the family that is right for your child. We have a variety of families available—families who live in Florida and other places, who already have children and who will be first time parents, who live in urban and rural areas, and who have Christian, Jewish, and other faith backgrounds. You can talk to us about what kind of family you dream of for your child, and we will show you profiles that fit with that. We are confident that you will find the family that you feel confident about for your child.
Ready to look at families now? Get in touch with us, and you can get started creating your plan for your child today.
For general contact, please complete the
form on the right, and one of our staff will
get back to you to discuss further details.